Assistent Altes Testament
- Geboren 1974 in Kalifornien
- 1992-1995 University of Washington, Seattle: B.A. in German Language and Literature
- 1999-2002 Mars Hill Graduate School, Bothell, WA: Masters of Divinity
- 2003-2004 Princeton Theological Seminary: Masters of Theology in OT
- 2004-2010 Promotion am Princeton Theological Seminary mit der Arbeit "Deuteronomy’s Festive Meals. The Interplay of Politics and Religion in Their Ancient Near Eastern Context"
- 2008-2010 Unterstützung der Dissertation auch durch den schweizerischen Nationalfonds
- 2012-2014 Unterstützung der Habilitation durch den Forschungskredit der Universitat Zürich
- Seit 1.7.2008 Assistent Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft
- Verheiratet, 2 Kinder
Monographien und Sammelbände
- Festive Meals in Ancient Israel. Deuteronomy's Identity Politics in Their Ancient Near Eastern Context. BZAW 424, Berlin and New York: de Gruyter, 2011.
- -- and Janling Fu, eds. Feasting in the Archaeology and Texts of the Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near East. Winona Lake, Ind.: Eisenbrauns, forthcoming.
Aufsätze / Artikel
- "Feast and Famine: Lack as a Backdrop for Plenty," in Feasting in the Archaeology and Texts of the Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near East East. Winona Lake, Ind.: Eerdmans, forthcoming.
- "Tithes for Clergy and Taxes for the King: Separate or Combined Systems of Payments in Nehemiah?" CBQ (forthcoming).
- "Feast, Famine, and History. The Festival Meal Topos and Deuteronomy 26,1–15," ZAW 124 (2012): 555–67.
- "What Do the Levites in Your Gates Have to Do with the Levitical Priests? Towards a European-North American Dialogue on the Levites in the Deuteronomic Law Corpus," in "The LORD Is Their Inheritance": Priests and Levites in History and Tradition (ed. M. Leuchter and J. Hutton; SBL Ancient Israel and Its Literature 9; Atlanta: SBL, 2011), 135–54.
- "Everyday Meals for Extraordinary People: Eating and Assimilation in Ruth," in Decisive Meals (ed. N. MacDonald et al; JSNTSup; London: T&T Clark, 2012), 15–26.
- "There Will Be Doubt, But When is Doubt Good? Old Testament Reflections," Hermeneutische Blätter (2011), 65-79. Online: http://www.hermes.uzh.ch/publikationen/Hermeneutische-Blaetter/HBl2011_1_2.pdf
- "Festive Meals and Identity in Deuteronomy" in The Bible and Interpretation.Online: http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/alt368020.shtml
Rezensionen und Lexikon Artikel
- "Nature/Natural Resources" in The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Bible and Theology (ed. S. Balentine et al., Oxford: Oxford University Press, forthcoming).
- "Elohim," "Marzeah," and "Deuteronomistic History," in Routledge Dictionary of Ancient Mediterranean Religions (Routledge Press, forthcoming).
- "Diet, Bronze and Iron Age" in The [Oxford] Encyclopedia of the Bible and Archaeology (New York: Oxford University Press, forthcoming).
- "Food and Food Production" in Oxford Bibliographies Online. Online: http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com
- "Review of Christopher Tuckett, (ed.), Feasts and Festivals" in Journal of Hebrew Scriptures. Online: http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/JHS/reviews/reviews_new/review526.htm
- "Samaria, Ostraca." and "Tetrateuch."New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible. Volume 3. Edited by K. D. Sakenfeld, et al. Nashville, TN: Abington, 2008.
- "Aram," "Ard, Ardites," "Ashvath," "Ataroth," "Ataroth-Addar," "Beth-Eden," "Encyclopedic Works on the Bible," and "Food in the Ancient Near East" in Encyclopedia of the Bible and its Reception. Edited by H.-J. Klauck, et al. Berlin and New York: de Gruyter, 2009.
- "Review of Nathan MacDonald, Not Bread Alone: The Uses of Food in the Old Testament" in Journal of Hebrew Scriptures. Online: http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/JHS/reviews/reviews_new/review345.htm
- "The Effects of Economic Changes on Theology in Biblical Texts" Guest Lecture, University of Edinburgh, Apr. 2013.
- "Tithes for Clergy and Taxes for the King: Separate or Combined Systems of Payments in Nehemiah?", SBL, Chicago, Nov. 2012.
- "An Overview of Sacred Meals in the Old Testament and its Environment" The Eucharist — its Origin and Contexts, Kiel, Aug., 2012.
- "The Economics of Community and Theology in Ezra" SBL, San Francisco, U.S.A., Nov., 2011.
- "What Do the ‘Levites in Your Gates’ Have to Do With the ‘Levitical Priests’? An Attempt at European-North American Dialogue on the Levites in the Deuteronomic Law Corpus," SBL, Atlanta, Nov., 2010.
- "Something to Chew On: Reading the Meals in the Old Testament and its World," SBL, Atlanta, U.S.A, Nov., 2010.
- "Deuteronomy’s Tithe (14:22–27) and Modern Food Studies," SBL, New Orleans, U.S.A, Nov., 2009.
- "Eating in Deuteronomy 26 as Eating Towards Home," Deutschschweizerischen Sozietät für Altes Testament, Zürich, Sept., 2009.
- "Material Culture and the Symbolic Meaning of Meat in Deuteronomy 12," SBL, Boston, U.S.A., Nov, 2008.
- "Comparing Deuteronomic and Ancient Near Eastern Meal Texts," International SBL, Vienna, Austria, 2007.