Assistent Altes Testament
- Geboren 1974 in Kalifornien
- 1992-1995 University of Washington, Seattle: B.A. in German Language and Literature
- 1999-2002 Mars Hill Graduate School, Bothell, WA: Masters of Divinity
- 2003-2004 Princeton Theological Seminary: Masters of Theology in OT
- 2004-2010 Promotion am Princeton Theological Seminary mit der Arbeit "Deuteronomy’s Festive Meals. The Interplay of Politics and Religion in Their Ancient Near Eastern Context"
- 2008-2010 Unterstützung der Dissertation auch durch den schweizerischen Nationalfonds
- 2012-2014 Unterstützung der Habilitation durch den Forschungskredit der Universitat Zürich
- Seit 1.7.2008 Assistent Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft
- Verheiratet, 2 Kinder
Monographien und Sammelbände
- Festive Meals in Ancient Israel. Deuteronomy's Identity Politics in Their Ancient Near Eastern Context. BZAW 424, Berlin and New York: de Gruyter, 2011.
- -- and Janling Fu, eds. Feasting in the Archaeology and Texts of the Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near East. Winona Lake, Ind.: Eisenbrauns, forthcoming.
Aufsätze / Artikel
- "Feast and Famine: Lack as a Backdrop for Plenty," in Feasting in the Archaeology and Texts of the Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near East East. Winona Lake, Ind.: Eerdmans, forthcoming.
- "Ancient Comparisons, Modern Models, and Ezra-Nehemiah: Triangulating the Sources for Insights on the Economy of Persian Period Yehud," in The Economy of Ancient Judah in its Historical Context Ed. E. Ben Zvi et al. Winona Lake, Ind.: Eerdmans, forthcoming.
- "Sacred Meals and Feasts in the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible and its Environment: A Treasure Chest for Early Christian Reflection," in Sacred Meal, Communal Meal, Table Fellowship, and the Eucharist – Late Antiquity, Early Judaism and Early Christianity Ed. D. Hellholm et al. Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, forthcoming.
- "Making the Meal Sacred in the Old Testament: Complexities and Possibilities for Christian Appropriation," in Sacrality and Materiality: Locating Intersections Zurich: TVZ, forthcoming.
- "Tithes for Clergy and Taxes for the King: Separate or Combined Systems of Payments in Nehemiah?" CBQ 76 (2014): 215-29.
- "Feast, Famine, and History. The Festival Meal Topos and Deuteronomy 26,1–15," ZAW 124 (2012): 555–67.
- "Everyday Meals for Extraordinary People: Eating and Assimilation in Ruth," in Decisive Meals (ed. N. MacDonald et al; JSNTSup; London: T&T Clark, 2012), 15–26.
- "What Do the Levites in Your Gates Have to Do with the Levitical Priests? Towards a European-North American Dialogue on the Levites in the Deuteronomic Law Corpus," in "The LORD Is Their Inheritance": Priests and Levites in History and Tradition (ed. M. Leuchter and J. Hutton; SBL Ancient Israel and Its Literature 9; Atlanta: SBL, 2011), 135–54.
- "There Will Be Doubt, But When is Doubt Good? Old Testament Reflections," Hermeneutische Blätter (2011), 65-79. Online: http://www.hermes.uzh.ch/publikationen/Hermeneutische-Blaetter/HBl2011_1_2.pdf
- "Festive Meals and Identity in Deuteronomy" in The Bible and Interpretation.Online: http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/alt368020.shtml
Rezensionen und Lexikon Artikel
- "Nature/Natural Resources" in The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Bible and Theology (ed. S. Balentine et al., Oxford: Oxford University Press, forthcoming).
- "Elohim," "Marzeah," and "Deuteronomistic History," in Routledge Dictionary of Ancient Mediterranean Religions (Routledge Press, forthcoming).
- "Diet, Bronze and Iron Age" in The [Oxford] Encyclopedia of the Bible and Archaeology (New York: Oxford University Press, 2013), 286–96.
- "Food and Food Production" in Oxford Bibliographies Online. Online: http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com
- "Review of Matthew J. M. Coomber, Re-Reading the Prophets through Corporate Globalization: A Cultural-Evolutionary Approach to Economic Injustice in the Hebrew Bible" in Journal of Hebrew Scriptures. 13 (2013) Online: http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/JHS/reviews/reviews_new/review699.htm
- "Review of Christopher Tuckett, (ed.), Feasts and Festivals" in Journal of Hebrew Scriptures. 11 (2011) Online: http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/JHS/reviews/reviews_new/review526.htm
- "Samaria, Ostraca." and "Tetrateuch."New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible. Volume 3. Edited by K. D. Sakenfeld, et al. Nashville, TN: Abington, 2008.
- "Aram," "Ard, Ardites," "Ashvath," "Ataroth," "Ataroth-Addar," "Beth-Eden," "Encyclopedic Works on the Bible," and "Food in the Ancient Near East" in Encyclopedia of the Bible and its Reception. Edited by H.-J. Klauck, et al. Berlin and New York: de Gruyter, 2009.
- "Review of Nathan MacDonald, Not Bread Alone: The Uses of Food in the Old Testament" in Journal of Hebrew Scriptures. 9 (2009) Online: http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/JHS/reviews/reviews_new/review345.htm
- "Making the Meal Sacred in the Old Testament: Complexities and Possibilities for Christian Appropriation" "Sacrality and Materiality: Locating Intersections," European Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality. Kloster Kappel, Switz., Jan. 2014.
- "Nehemiah 5: Following in the (Persian) Emperor's Footsteps? Nehemiah's Table and its Literary-Historical Antecedents," • SBL, Baltimore, U.S.A., Nov., 2013.
- "Ancient Comparisons, Modern Models, and Ezra-Nehemiah: Triangulating the Sources for Insights on the Economy of Persian Period Yehud," European Association for Biblical Studies, Leipzig, July 2013.
- "The Effects of Economic Changes on Theology in Biblical Texts," Guest Lecture, University of Edinburgh, Apr. 2013.
- "Tithes for Clergy and Taxes for the King: Separate or Combined Systems of Payments in Nehemiah?", SBL, Chicago, Nov. 2012.
- "An Overview of Sacred Meals in the Old Testament and its Environment," The Eucharist — its Origin and Contexts, Kiel, Aug., 2012.
- "The Economics of Community and Theology in Ezra" SBL, San Francisco, U.S.A., Nov., 2011.
- "What Do the ‘Levites in Your Gates’ Have to Do With the ‘Levitical Priests’? An Attempt at European-North American Dialogue on the Levites in the Deuteronomic Law Corpus," SBL, Atlanta, Nov., 2010.
- "Something to Chew On: Reading the Meals in the Old Testament and its World," SBL, Atlanta, U.S.A, Nov., 2010.
- "Deuteronomy’s Tithe (14:22–27) and Modern Food Studies," SBL, New Orleans, U.S.A, Nov., 2009.
- "Eating in Deuteronomy 26 as Eating Towards Home," Deutschschweizerischen Sozietät für Altes Testament, Zürich, Sept., 2009.
- "Material Culture and the Symbolic Meaning of Meat in Deuteronomy 12," SBL, Boston, U.S.A., Nov, 2008.
- "Comparing Deuteronomic and Ancient Near Eastern Meal Texts," International SBL, Vienna, Austria, 2007.